Theologically we are a Reformed Evangelical church. Our core beliefs are....
- We believe in the divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe there is one God in whom there are three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternally existing, only begotten Son of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- We believe all people are sinful by nature since the Fall and are thereby justly subject to the judgement of God.
- We believe that salvation from the penalty of sin is found only through the substitutionary atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his one true sacrifice that we can have forgiveness of sin and receive the gift of eternal life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe it is the Holy Spirit who convicts people of sin and brings them to faith and repentance. Only through the work of the Holy Spirit is the believer able to live a holy life that is pleasing to God.
- We believe in the one holy universal church, the body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return in person and that he will then bring the full consummation of the Kingdom of God.
These 8 statements are a summary of Evangelical or Biblical Christianity and carry no specific authority. The official statement of faith for the Presbyterian Church of Australia is the Westminster Confession of Faith.